If you have a recommendation, please provide a link to the Chinese raw along with its title to make my life easier. It doesn’t matter if you just want me to read it or want me to translate it but please tell me if you specifically want me to pick a project up!
Don’t bother asking about anything from ncode.syosetu.com, everything there is Japanese. I translate Chinese -> English.
Old posts below.
I’m currently looking for a new fun and easy project to work on. Hopefully one without all those crazy descriptive descriptions. I came across a Chinese site with light novels. Please tell me if the project I am working on is or has been translated by someone else so I can cross it off my list.
The way I decide on a light/web novel is quite simple.
– Cover image
– Check if anyone is already translating it
– Read prologue or first chapter
(Is it interesting enough to hold my goldfish attention span as I translate it?)
– Think about it
Since my googling skills are not real, my findings may not be real. Please tell me if real. Just like how ghosts don’t real.
So far my quick 30 min of searching for want-to-translate-novel list is as follows:
Ore ga Ojou-Sama Gakkou ni ‘Shomin Sample’ Toshite Usarareta Ken (guhehe translation)
Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (got it!)
3. Re: An idiot can also save the world? – raw. Found a Japanese wiki so if I do translate this I will at least try to keep the jp names
5. The Emperor’s Seal: War in a Different World –raw. Completed. 1 volume.
6. My Fox Spirit Master (The Fox Spirit’s Servant) – raw. Completed with 4 volumes total
7. Juvenile Onmyoji – raw. In progress. 39 volumes. Has been animated (wow!) and found a wiki. (baka-tsuki’s other sources)
8. Dragon Crisis – raw. Completed. 13 volumes.
By the way when I start translating the names of characters, they may be in Chinese. I will try my best to keep/find the names in jp. I really wanted to do #1 because it looked short.. :(. If you have a recommendation, please provide a link to the Chinese raw along with it’s title to make my life easier. When I have time, I will take a look at your suggestions. I interpret all the titles from their Chinese titles unless I find the Japanese version (by version I mean their names/titles/places, not original Japanese raw..) of it.
Suggested by others:
1. Sekai no kiki wa Mekurumeku (掀起世界危機!) Time to Set Off a Dazzling World Crisis! raw. Completed. 8 volumes. Chinese does not have mekurumeku (sparkle/dazzling?) in title. Looks like a harem comedy. Found a baka-tsuki page.
At least read the one sentence in bold..