I have moved this announcement/lists in this post to a new page named “Recommend a Novel“. Please leave your rec`s there.
Alright guys, here’s the thing. I started this translating business because I read oniichanyamete’s An Otome Game’s Burikko Villainess Turned into a Magic Otaku and I wanted to do something fun/easy/sweet like that. The first few days of translations were as fun as I thought they were but it soon got to be pretty tedious after I met chapter 5 and 6. I will still translate Ni Tian Xie Shen but it will be translated at least once per week or more if I get off my lazy ass.
I’m currently looking for a new fun and easy project to work on. Hopefully one without all those crazy descriptive descriptions. I came across a chinese site with light novels. So far my want-to-translate list is as follows. Please tell me if the project I am working on is or has been translated by someone else so I can cross it off my list.
The way I decide on a light novel is quite simple.
– Cover image
– Check if anyone is already translating it
– Read prologue or first chapter
– Think about it
Since my googling skills are not real, my findings may not be real. Please tell me if real. Just like how ghosts don’t real.
Ore ga Ojou-Sama Gakkou ni ‘Shomin Sample’ Toshite Usarareta Ken
Slime Tensei Monogatari
3. Re: An idiot can also save the world? – raw. Found a japanese wiki so if I do translate this I will at least try to keep the jp names
Baroque Knight – raw. Oh hey I found the manga on bato.to under Baroque K/Night. Going to read the manga and see what I think. Unlikely. Manga is too hentai of a harem for my virgin translator fingers. Maybe someday in the future… Yeah right who am I kidding.
5. The Emperor’s Seal: War in a Different World –raw. Completed. 1 volume.
6. My Fox Spirit Master (The Fox Spirit’s Servant) – raw. Completed with 4 volumes total
7. Juvenile Onmyoji – raw. In progress. 39 volumes. Has been animated (wow!) and found a wiki.
8. Dragon Crisis – raw. Completed. 13 volumes.
By the way when I start translating the names of characters, they may be in chinese. I will try my best to keep/find the names in jp. I really wanted to do #1 because it looked short.. :(. If you leave a recommendation, please provide a link to the chinese raws to make my life easier.. I interpret all the titles from their chinese titles unless I find the japanese version of it.
Suggested by others:
1. Sekai no kiki wa Mekurumeku (掀起世界危機!) Time to Set Off a Dazzling World Crisis! raw. Completed. 8 volumes. Chinese does not have mekurumeku (sparkle/dazzling?) in title. Looks like a harem comedy. Found a baka-tsuki page.